Wrangle up your steeds, conjure up your unicorns, and gather up your toy ponies - our hobby horse category is now open to any and all events at the Golden Ultra!
The challenge: run the entire race with your hobby horse in tow.
To support our riders and their steeds, we will have a corral at the start of the race, and veterinary support standing by.
Creativity is encouraged! We had a couple UNICORNS last year. Hobby horse aficionados take high pride in the sport’s do-it-yourself attitude and we don’t expect anything less this year.
- Hobby horse must be at least 1 metre long, ears to tail
- Horse must be ridden for the duration of the race
- Tack is at the discretion of the rider
- Galloping not required
- Riders may choose any event to participate in (new in 2018), but please notify us that you're competing in the hobby-horse category.
- We will have special prizes for all horse and rider teams.
Giddy up! (email email@example.com or give us a shout out on social media with a pic of you and your horse).